Like many people do around this time, I made a list of things I plan to accomplish this year. Unlike many people do around this time, I am keeping that list to myself. By doing this, only I will know whether or not I fail at keeping these resolutions.
When I woke up today, I went for an easy 5-mile run. As I was running, I fell and scrapped my palms, but after about another 1/2 mile I found a dollar on the ground. I began to think if I hadn't fallen, would I have been more conscious about the terrain? Probably or probably not. I often think about these small mishaps that may or may not lead to fortunate outcomes.
Besides watching the Bulldawgs lose to the Corn Huskers, I watched a few episodes of the Twilight Zone with Daddy. I haven't been home for the New Year in quite some time, so I was unaware of Daddy's enjoyment of the show. The acting is typical old school and funny, but the overall lessons or morals in the story truly are from The Twilight Zone. Good show. Gonna have to look more into it.
The only thing I want in this New Year is for my family and friends to live a healthy life. Some family and friends have been given a shitty deal health-wise this past year, and it really brings to light the importance of being healthy. Of course, it goes beyond eating healthy foods and exercising frequently. It's not overworking, enjoying life, spending time outside, and having fun! I hope you all enjoy this fresh start.
My motto for 2014: Be a better human.
Happy New Year!
When I woke up today, I went for an easy 5-mile run. As I was running, I fell and scrapped my palms, but after about another 1/2 mile I found a dollar on the ground. I began to think if I hadn't fallen, would I have been more conscious about the terrain? Probably or probably not. I often think about these small mishaps that may or may not lead to fortunate outcomes.
Besides watching the Bulldawgs lose to the Corn Huskers, I watched a few episodes of the Twilight Zone with Daddy. I haven't been home for the New Year in quite some time, so I was unaware of Daddy's enjoyment of the show. The acting is typical old school and funny, but the overall lessons or morals in the story truly are from The Twilight Zone. Good show. Gonna have to look more into it.
The only thing I want in this New Year is for my family and friends to live a healthy life. Some family and friends have been given a shitty deal health-wise this past year, and it really brings to light the importance of being healthy. Of course, it goes beyond eating healthy foods and exercising frequently. It's not overworking, enjoying life, spending time outside, and having fun! I hope you all enjoy this fresh start.
My motto for 2014: Be a better human.
Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment